We discover, teach, connect, and heal. We have developed a one-page overview of the Center’s ecosystem, which includes where we focus, who we serve, and what we do. Learn more.
- Our faculty - nearly 80 in number - are leaders from diverse academic backgrounds, and are passionate experts in their fields.
- Approximately 2,000 students take our courses each academic year
- Thousands participate annually in our community programs and workshops
Advance whole health and wellbeing by providing interprofessional education, conducting research, advancing integrative models of care, and delivering innovative community engagement programs.
Advance the health and wellbeing of people and the planet.
- Compassion, love, and service motivate and drive our work.
- Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are integral components of our culture and operations.
- Evidence-informed approaches integrating the best available data and lived experiences shape our actions and decision-making.
- Innovation emerging from learning and discovery holds the potential for transforming people, systems, and the planet.
The center offers many interdisciplinary learning opportunities. You may pursue our master's degree in integrative health and wellbeing coaching, a certificate and/or graduate minor in integrative therapies and healing practices, or take courses for personal growth and professional development.
We also collaborate with other University of Minnesota colleges and departments to offer the following learning opportunities:
- Doctor of Nursing Practice in Integrative Health and Healing
- Bachelor of Individualized Studies: Concentration in Human Health and Wellness
- Inter-College Bachelor's Degree Program: Concentrations in Whole Systems Healing or Holistic Health and Healing; thematic degrees in Health and Wellness
- Health Care Design and Innovation Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
The center is committed to conducting rigorous science that can inform health policy, programs, and practices. Center faculty are involved in designing original grant-funded research, participating on interdisciplinary research teams within and outside the University, mentoring aspiring scientists, and applying and integrating research into the Center's academic courses.
Organizations and Companies
We have forged strategic, consultative relationships with healthcare systems, Fortune 500 companies, health plans, clinics, governmental bodies, senior living, and other academic institutions and units. We seek to bring scholarship, new skills, and innovative tools to a wide range of organizations, affording leaders new ways to increase health, wellbeing, and engagement of employees and other constituents. Our consulting services, programs, and workshops are customizable; we welcome the opportunity to co-create with our clients.
A Vital Part of University Health Sciences
University of Minnesota Health Sciences is composed of schools, colleges, and units that educate health professionals, including the School of Dentistry, the Medical School, the School of Nursing, the College of Pharmacy, the School of Public Health, and the College of Veterinary Medicine. It is also home to rich and vibrant centers and institutes that focus on specific fields of study including the Masonic Cancer Center, the Institute on Health Informatics, and the Bakken Center.