Mindful Mondays are free drop-in sessions from noon to 1 p.m. Central on Monday afternoons. Held live, online via Zoom.
Join the Earl. E Bakken Center for Spirituality & Healing for an informal hour of gentle movement and guided meditation. Our experienced instructors will guide you through a series of mindful movement and meditations that will leave you feeling rejuvenated. No prior experience or special clothing is necessary.
We rotate through various modalities of gentle, mindfulful movement. Please check the Mindful Monday's registration webpage to learn the specific mindful movement planned for each week's session. Prior to each session, as best you can, you may wish to secure a space that will accomodate mindful movement and where you won't be easily interrupted for the duration of the hour-long session.
To help you plan and prepare for the mindful movement portion of each weekly session, the following is a list of considerations and/or supplies you will want to have on hand:
- Qigong: Space to stand and move your arms freely.
- Lying down yoga: A blanket, yoga mat, or a large towel, and space to lay down and stretch out on the floor.
- Chair yoga: A chair, preferably without wheels.
- Standing yoga: Space to securely stand and move your arms freely. If possible, you may wish to stand on a yoga mat or on an uncarpeted floor to enhance a sense of stability when practicing standing yoga.
To make disability-related accommodations, please contact Molly Buss, program and event manager ([email protected], 612-625-8164)
Instructors vary and include:
- Mariann Johnson, Mindfulness and Wellbeing Instructor
- Mary Margaret Anderson, Yoga, Mindfulness and Group Fitness Instructor
- Susan Flannigan, Mindfulness and Wellbeing Instructor
- Other Guest Facilitators
Mindful Movement and Meditation Videos
Need some headspace right now? Watch these mindful movement and meditation videos led by Mariann Johnson, one of our mindfulness instructors:
- Music & Meditation with the Minnesota Orchestra
- Qigong with Susan Flannigan
- Qigong with Mariann Johnson
- Chair Yoga
- Breath and Body Meditation
- Standing Mindful Movement
- A Guided Meditation