Interested in Integrative Therapies and Healing Practices Health Coaching Track?
Please contact Christina Owen at [email protected] with any questions you might have! It is important to us that your program be a good fit for you.
- May 1, 2023
Do I Meet the Requirements?
The graduate faculty has established admission standards for the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program in Integrative Therapies and Healing Practices Health Coaching Track.
They include the following:
- a Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in a health or wellness-related field (including, but not limited to: exercise physiology, health education, nursing, or nutrition) from an accredited US institution or a foreign equivalent; OR
- a Master’s Degree (or higher) in health care administration, naturopathic medicine, medicine, pharmacy, psychology, or public health from an accredited US institution or a foreign equivalent; OR
- are a board-certified chaplain with a minimum of 3 years in a health care setting; OR
- are currently enrolled in a health care professional graduate training program at an accredited institution.
- It is desirable to have solid college level coursework in psychology and physiology. Missing coursework in these areas may be required for admission to the Certificate.
- A minimum degree GPA of 2.8 (based on a 4.0 scale)
How Do I Prove My English Language Proficiency?
International and domestic applicants whose first language is not English must provide proof of English language proficiency.
For more information regarding minimum scores for admissions and how to submit your scores, please visit the Graduate School's website.
The GRE is not required.
Applicants who are not U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents need to know that the University of Minnesota's Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Integrative Therapies and Healing Practices - Health Coach Track does not meet the requirements for eligibility needed to obtain the appropriate F-1 student visa or status because this degree has limited (less than four) face-to-face on-site classes per course.
What do I need for the application?
You will be asked to submit the following information with your application:
- Official/unofficial transcripts from all post-secondary institutions (Unofficial copies are required at the time of application, but official copies will be required at the time of acceptance).
- Curriculum Vitae or resume.
- Three Professional or Academic Letters of Recommendation (do not upload letters into your application).
- Two to three-page Personal Statement.
- Application Fee is waived for Fall 2023 applicants!
Applications for Fall 2023 are now open.