The A. Marilyn Sime Scholarship
A. Marilyn Sime, PhD, RN, University of Minnesota School of Nursing Professor Emeritus, created this scholarship to encourage health professional students to broaden their personal and professional practice to include a working knowledge of integrative therapies and healing practices.
This scholarship is the only student scholarship offered by the Bakken Center for Spirituality & Healing. Two scholarships in the amount of $1,500 (each) will be awarded annually.
- Master of Arts student in Integrative Health and Wellbeing Coaching
- Graduate Minor or Certificate student in Integrative Therapies & Healing Practices
- Doctor of Nursing Practice student in Integrative Health and Healing specialty
- Other University of Minnesota graduate students with a research interest in an area of integrative therapies and/or healing practices
- Recipients must be active students registered for the Spring 2024 term when scholarship is applied.
- Students receiving the Regents Scholarship or Senior Citizen Education Program discount are not eligible.
The application deadline is Tuesday, October 31, 2023.
- A 2-4 page double-spaced essay detailing your academic and career goals, specifically related to your interest and experience in integrative therapies (include your name and U of M student ID number on the first page).
- A .pdf of your unofficial U of M transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation emailed directly to [email protected] from your recommenders.
** Please note that there is no cover sheet required